A Non-Profit Agency Serving People with Disabilities
The Arc of Salem County is committed to helping people with disabilities realize their educational, personal, social and vocational goals through advocacy, education, leadership, and services for individuals and families.
The Arc of New Jersey is a statewide, private, nonprofit advocacy organization founded in 1947 by a group of parents who had a vision of building a better quality of life for children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities, and their families. Consisting of a state office and twenty local county chapters, The Arc of New Jersey is affiliated with The Arc, a national organization supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Adults with developmental disabilities who need a day program to assist them in reaching their highest social and vocational potential.
- Formerly employed adults who need vocational evaluation and readjustment to a work setting due to a recent accident or illness.
- Individuals long considered to be nonproductive due to one or more mentally or physically disabling conditions.
- School-age youngsters transitioning from school to work.
- Adults with developmental disabilities who can benefit from a normalized , supervised residential setting.
- Families needing respite time from caring for a family member with a developmental disability.
- People with significant and persistent mental illness interested in employment.
- People with physical disabilities who need assistance in daily routines to maintain independence.
- Families needing financial support to access services or equipment otherwise unavailable to them.
Arc Thrift Shop
145 East Broadway
Salem, NJ 08079
9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Tuesday through Friday
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
150 Salem Woodstown Rd
150 Salem Woodstown Road, Mannington NJ